Fill your home with the scent of Christmas with these lovely non-edible spice ornaments. Thread a narrow ribbon through them and hang them on your tree, in the window, from the chandelier, or as a swag by the fireplace. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup applesauce
- Approximately 3/4 cup ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- Royal icing and edible glitter
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce and spices; mix well until a stiff dough forms, adding additional cinnamon if needed.
- On a board dusted with additional cinnamon, roll out each portion of dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into shapes using 4-in. snowflake-shaped cookie cutters dipped in cinnamon. Reroll scraps. Place cutouts on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Make a hole with a plastic straw about 1/2 in. from the top of each ornament.
- Bake at 200° for 20-30 minutes. Remove to paper towels to dry thoroughly. When completely dry and cool, string a ribbon strip through each hole; tie the ends together to form a loop. Decorate ornaments as desired with royal icing and glitter. Yield: about 10 (4 inch ornaments).
Originally published as Cinnamon Snowflake Ornaments in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p126
Reviews for Cinnamon Snowflake Ornaments
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review