Cinnamon Snowflake Ornaments Recipe
- 1 cup applesauce
- Approximately 3/4 cup ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- Royal icing and edible glitter
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce and spices; mix well until a stiff dough forms, adding additional cinnamon if needed.
- On a board dusted with additional cinnamon, roll out each portion of dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into shapes using 4-in. snowflake-shaped cookie cutters dipped in cinnamon. Reroll scraps. Place cutouts on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Make a hole with a plastic straw about 1/2 in. from the top of each ornament.
- Bake at 200° for 20-30 minutes. Remove to paper towels to dry thoroughly. When completely dry and cool, string a ribbon strip through each hole; tie the ends together to form a loop. Decorate ornaments as desired with royal icing and glitter. Yield: about 10 (4 inch ornaments).
Reviews for Cinnamon Snowflake Ornaments
Sort By :
The smell was wonderful, but we needed A LOT MORE cinnamon than suggested in the recipe. The dough kept sticking to the rolling pin and it was difficult to move the pieces without breaking them. We used flour to compensate for the lack of texture, which actually made some of the pieces have a more natural snow-like appeal. Overall...the recipe was just not what was required.