Since I'm a longtime cinnamon fan, I decided to give traditional gingersnaps a different twist. My husband and son agree I spiced them up just right. We live on a ranch overlooking the ocean and also own a machine shop business.
27 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and
- fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda,
- cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in granulated sugar.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for
- 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set and tops are cracked. Remove
- to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 129 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.