Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 7 to 7-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup raisins or dried currants
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar in water. In a saucepan, heat milk and butter to 110°-115°; add to yeast mixture. Stir in 3 cups flour, eggs, salt and remaining sugar. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- 2. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down and divide in half. Roll each half into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Brush with softened butter. Combine the cinnamon, sugar and raisins or currants; sprinkle evenly over rectangle. Roll up tightly, jelly-roll style, starting with the long side. Slice each roll into 12 pieces. Place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pans for 5 minutes; invert onto a wire rack. Frost with icing if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 248 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Cinnamon Rolls
"I added a bit more of the filling, and now when I ask my family what they want me to make this is always one of the requests"
"these were the best cinnamon buns ever"
"My husband took these along to work one time and since then his bosses and co workers keep asking for them over and over again!"
"Very soft and yummy! I only used 5 cups flour and for the frosting I used powder sugar and some of the filling melted."