Cinnamon Rolls in a Snap Recipe
A friend called one morning to see if I wanted company for coffee. I was going to make biscuits for breakfast but wanted something fancier to share. So I quickly turned those biscuits into hot cinnamon rolls. Was my friend impressed when she arrived to the sweet aroma!
- 4-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins, optional
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll the dough into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread with butter. Combine the sugar, cinnamon and raisins if desired; sprinkle over butter.
- 2. Roll up from a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices; place with cut side down on a large greased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, combine the icing ingredients; spread over warm rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 330 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 620 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC