Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 5 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 2-1/2 cups warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine 4 cups flour, cake mix, yeast and warm water until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 14x10-in. rectangle. Brush with butter; sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut each roll into 12 slices; place cut side down in two greased 13x9-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 20 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 20 minutes. For frosting, in a large bowl, cream the butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Frost warm rolls. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cinnamon Rolls(8)
Sort By :
This is the BEST cinnamon roll recipe ever! It is going to be a family tradition during the holidays from here on out!
I cannot get yellow cake mix in Israel - what can I use instead?
I've made this recipe over and over again. I love it, and my family does too!!
Easy, delicious, and very sweet. The dough is so simple which is an added bonus.
We love cinnamon rolls at our house and this is the one receipe that I go to. Easy to make and they freeze well.