"Cheesecake, coffee cake and cinnamon roll all in one!"—sarah t. My friends daughter and I were reading my issue of Taste of Home and saw the cheesecake contest. At that point, we sat down and started brainstorming ideas of different cheesecakes that sounded good, but we've never seen. So, one of the first ideas was Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake. I took off running with the idea. It took several tries to get it just right, but when we got it right, it was fabulous!!! This cheesecake will rise nicely while baking and fall in the middle when it cools, giving it the gooey, cinnamon roll texture when its cooled. This also pairs nicely with a cream cheese frosting.
Recommended: 37 Awesome Ways to Love Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- CINNAMON FILLING:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Spread three-fourths of batter into a greased 9-in. springform pan (batter will be thick). Set remaining batter aside.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over batter.
- Mix cinnamon filling ingredients. Drop by tablespoonfuls over cream cheese mixture. Cut through cream cheese filling with a knife to swirl the cinnamon filling. Drop reserved batter by tablespoonfuls over filling. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake until center is almost set, 70-80 minutes. Cover top loosely with foil during the last 30 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour; remove sides of pan. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Roll Cream Cheese Coffee Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p90
Reviews for Cinnamon Roll Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review