Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cakes Recipe
The would house smelled wonderful whenever my mom made these mouthwatering coffee cakes. Now, I bake them for holidays and special gatherings. They also make great gifts. -Tracy Sorrentino Commerce, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. + rising Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:48 servings
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5-1/2 to 6-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, butter, eggs, sugar, salt and 3 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down; turn onto a floured surface. Divide into four portions. Roll each portion into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. In a bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread over each rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with pecans. Roll up each jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- 4. Place each roll seam side down in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; pinch ends together to form a ring. With scissors, cut from an outside edge two-thirds of the way toward center of ring at 1-in. intervals. Separate strips slightly; twist to allow filling to show, slightly overlapping previous strip. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over coffee cakes. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Yield: 4 coffee cakes.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 184 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC