Cinnamon-Roll Christmas Tree Recipe
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, sugar and cinnamon.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12x8-in. rectangle. Spread with butter to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with sugar mixture. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- 3. Center one slice near top of prepared pan, cut side down. Closely arrange nine more slices to form three additional rows, adding one slice per row, to form a tree. Center remaining two slices at base of tree for trunk. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 4. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with frosting; serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 cinnamon roll: 257 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Cinnamon-Roll Christmas Tree
"Excellent, delicious & easy! We made it for Christmas morning breakfast, and the kids loved it so much they wanted to make it the next day. To make it easier on us, we make it the night before, and then put it in the refrig for the final rising. I took it out and left it sit for 1/2 hour before cooking it. It was perfect! Instead of vanilla icing, we only had cream cheese icing on hand, and it tasted wonderful."