Cinnamon-Roll Christmas Tree
It's so fast and easy to make these rolls for the holiday. What a sweet way to celebrate Christmas morning! —Alyssa Helm, Caledonia, Michigan
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup vanilla frosting of your choice
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. x 8-in.
- rectangle. Spread butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. In a small
- bowl, mix the brown sugar, sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to
- seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Center one slice near the
- top of pan, cut side down. Closely arrange nine more slices to form
- three additional rows, adding one slice per row, to form a tree.
- Center remaining two slices at base of tree for trunk. Cover with a
- kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with
- frosting; serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.