Cinnamon-Roll Christmas Tree Recipe
It's so fast and easy to make these rolls for the holiday. What a sweet way to celebrate Christmas morning! —Alyssa Helm, Caledonia, Michigan
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, sugar and cinnamon.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12x8-in. rectangle. Spread with butter to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with sugar mixture. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- 3. Center one slice near top of prepared pan, cut side down. Closely arrange nine more slices to form three additional rows, adding one slice per row, to form a tree. Center remaining two slices at base of tree for trunk. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 4. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with frosting; serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 cinnamon roll equals 257 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC