Cinnamon-Roll Christmas Tree Recipe
It's so fast and easy to make these rolls for the holiday. What a sweet way to celebrate Christmas morning! —Alyssa Helm, Caledonia, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup vanilla frosting of your choice
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- 2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Center one slice near the top of pan, cut side down. Closely arrange nine more slices to form three additional rows, adding one slice per row, to form a tree. Center remaining two slices at base of tree for trunk. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with frosting; serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC