- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup vanilla frosting of your choice
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Center one slice near the top of pan, cut side down. Closely arrange nine more slices to form three additional rows, adding one slice per row, to form a tree. Center remaining two slices at base of tree for trunk. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with frosting; serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Roll Christmas Tree
Sort By :
Excellent, delicious & easy! We made it for Christmas morning breakfast, and the kids loved it so much they wanted to make it the next day. To make it easier on us, we make it the night before, and then put it in the refrig for the final rising. I took it out and left it sit for 1/2 hour before cooking it. It was perfect! Instead of vanilla icing, we only had cream cheese icing on hand, and it tasted wonderful.