Cinnamon Roll Cherry Cobbler Recipe
Red-hot candies and canned cherries flavor this memorable dessert from my childhood. I hadn’t had it in years, so when I found my mother’s recipe, I had to make it to see if it was as good as I remembered…and it was! —Betty Zorn, Eagle, Idaho
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons red-hot candies
- CINNAMON ROLL TOPPING:
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Drain cherries, reserving juice; set cherries aside. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and reserved juice until smooth. Stir in red-hots. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until thick and bubbly and red-hots are melted. Stir in cherries; heat through. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Combine egg and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until blended.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3-4 times. Roll into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread with butter; sprinkle with pecans. Combine cinnamon and remaining brown sugar; sprinkle over top.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cut into eight slices; place cut side down over cherry filling.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cobbler. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Roll Cherry Cobbler in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p31
Reviews for Cinnamon Roll Cherry Cobbler(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review