Cinnamon Rhubarb Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- In a bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. Combine egg, buttermilk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon 1 tablespoonful of batter into nine greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Combine rhubarb and preserves; place 1 tablespoonful in the center of each cup (do not spread). Top with remaining batter. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until top of muffin springs back when lightly touched in the center. Yield: 9 muffins.
Reviews for Cinnamon Rhubarb Muffins
Sort By :
These muffins were so good! The only change that I made to the recipe was to add a second tablespoon of batter to the bottom of the muffin tin. One did not cover the bottom and I did not want the filling to stick to the bottom. I still had enough batter to cover the top after the filling was added.
It says so in the recipe.
This has been my favorite muffin recipe for the last ten years. My husband looks forward to spring and fresh rhubarb for these yummy muffins!
can you use fresh rhubarb in this?