This delightful dish, made with day-old raisin bread, is full of cinnamon flavor. “I like to serve it for brunch with sliced bacon and a fruit compote,” writes Barbara Tritch of Hope, Idaho.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 8 slices day-old raisin bread
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional maple syrup
- In a small bowl, combine butter and cinnamon; spread over one side of each slice of bread. Place four slices, buttered side up, in a greased 8-in.-square baking dish (trim to fit if necessary). Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Repeat with remaining bread and brown sugar.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, syrup and vanilla; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with additional syrup. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Raisin Strata in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p57
Reviews for Cinnamon Raisin Strata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review