Cinnamon Raisin Strata Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 8 slices day-old raisin bread
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional maple syrup
- In a small bowl, combine butter and cinnamon; spread over one side of each slice of bread. Place four slices, buttered side up, in a greased 8-in. square baking dish (trim to fit if necessary). Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Repeat with remaining bread and brown sugar.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, syrup and vanilla; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with additional syrup. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Cinnamon Raisin Strata(11)
Sort By :
I use cinnamon raisin swirl bread cut into cubes (crusts removed). I use half and half instead of milk and pure maple syrup - not the thin, imitation stuff. Delicious!!!!!! Before I retired and we had "pig out days" at work, I was always asked to bring this.
Very good. But instead of baking it I put it in a skillet and cook it like French toast.
I have not made this strata but have made several others and found that you need to use either full fat milk or cream for them to turn out right. If you use 2% or skim they are soggy and don't set up right. I like the idea of putting a layer of cream cheese. This is not a breakfast for anyone counting calories for sure.
Alright this was excellent! But I made quite a few changes. I greased the pan, I only used 2 Tablespoons butter and 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon. Then I used regular bread and then just sprinkled raisins in between the slices of bread. The last change I made was I only used 2 Tablespoons brown sugar.
It is takes just like french toast, but much easier, because it is baked! I was very happy with the results!!
My family & friends love this recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >