- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 cups hot water (120° to 130°)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in brown sugar and salt. Add cake flour; stir well. Add enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough. Stir in raisins.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until dough has risen slightly, about 30 minutes. Punch dough down; divide into 14 balls. Roll each ball into a 15-in. rope.
- In a bowl, dissolve baking soda in hot water. Dip each rope in baking soda mixture; drain on paper towels. Form into pretzel shapes and place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Brush pretzels with butter, then dip in cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm. Yield: 14 pretzels.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Raisin Soft Pretzels
Sort By :
"These are awesome!! I didn't get the shape down perfectly but the flavor is just like you get in the mall. I personally like the raisins, but they could be left out if you don't like them. I made them for a preschool snack and almost wanted to keep them all! Since it's a yeast bread, it takes some time. All in all, a nice warm snack or breakfast without too much fuss!"
"These are the best pretzels I've ever made! My kids request them often, and for school treats over candies and cakes for birthdays! I omit the raisins, and instead of forming the dough into smaller balls, after the dough is kneaded, I make a recatangle, and cut into 16 pieces, and roll into a rope from there. It just seems a bit easier. I make cinnamon sticks, rolls, and pretzels with this recipe. Best out of the oven, or eaten within a few hours, but still delicious the next day. AWESOME RECIPE!!!"
"I make these without the raisins and are amazing. I brought some to a friend and she thought it came from a shop. Amazing!"