Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread
Cinnamon and raisins bring heartwarming flavor to this mildly sweet bread. It's ideal for an on-the-go breakfast or a quick snack before dinner. —Flo Burtnett, Gage, Oklahoma
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, 1-1/2 cups
- sugar, soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and
- oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in
- raisins. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; set aside.
- Spoon half the batter into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Sprinkle
- with half of the reserved cinnamon-sugar; repeat layers. Cut through
- batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out
- clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
- racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 204 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium,