Cinnamon-Raisin Loaves Recipe
You’ll love the old-fashioned goodness of these tender, from-scratch loaves. With swirls of cinnamon and raisins, they’re pretty and sure to please the whole family.Merle Dyck, Elkford, British Columbia
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7 to 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons raisins
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar in warm water. Add the milk, eggs, melted butter, salt and 5 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll one portion into a 15-in. x 13-in. rectangle. Spread 1/4 cup butter to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 2 tablespoons raisins and 1-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal and tuck ends under. Place seam side down on a greased 17-in. x 11-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (20 slices each).
Originally published as Cinnamon-Raisin Loaves in The Taste of Home Cookbook
Reviews for Cinnamon-Raisin Loaves(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review