"This granola recipe makes a great late-night snack," explains Ida Grove, Iowa field editor Tammy Neubauer. "I like that it's nutritious, too."
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine oats and coconut; set aside. In a saucepan,
- combine the brown sugar, oil, honey and cinnamon; bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture;
- stir to coat. Spread in a large shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool. Add
- raisins. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 254 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.