Cinnamon-Raisin Coffee Cake Recipe
Raisins add sweetness and nuts add crunch to this moist, cinnamony coffee cake shared by Dorothy Bateman. "If you don't like raisins, feel free to substitute chopped cranberries or finely chopped apple," she suggests from her Carver, Massachusetts kitchen.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to the sugar mixture alternately with yogurt. Stir in raisins. Pour half of the batter into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle half over batter. Top with remaining batter and topping. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the topping.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon-Raisin Coffee Cake in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p49
Reviews for Cinnamon-Raisin Coffee Cake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review