Cinnamon-Raisin Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon; cut in shortening until crumbly. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle raisins over dough; knead 2 or 3 times. Pat to 3/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over biscuits. Serve warm. Yield: 4 biscuits.
1 each: 370 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Raisin Buttermilk Biscuits
"I haven't made these YET but can anyone tell me if you can use sour milk in place of the buttermilk?"
"My batch came out a bit dry... I think I had too much flour on my surface when kneading. Great flavor though- will definitely try this recipe again."