- In a saucepan, bring first five filling ingredients to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook for 15-20 minutes or until almost all
- the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat;
- set aside.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead for 1
- minute. Divide in half. Roll each half into a 12-in. x 8-in.
- rectangle; brush with egg. Spread half of the filling over each
- rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style,
- starting with a short side; pinch to seal. Place each loaf seam side
- down in a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise until
- doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when
- tapped. Cover loosely with foil if top browns to quickly. Remove
- from pans to cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (1 slice) equals 1 starch, 1 fruit; also, 131 calories, 103 mg sodium, 11 mg cholesterol, 25 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, 2 gm fat.