Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding
Field editor Edna Hoffman of Hebron, Indiana shares this rich bread pudding recipe that goes together in minutes. There's plenty of old-fashioned cinnamon flavor...it's sure to become a favorite!
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup cubed cinnamon-raisin bread
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Place bread cubes in a greased 2-cup baking dish. In a small bowl,
- whisk the egg, milk, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt
- until blended. Stir in raisins. Pour over bread; let stand for 15
- minutes or until bread is softened.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Serve warm.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 337 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.