Cinnamon-Raisin Bites Recipe
These scone-like snacks are good right out of the oven, but they're great at room temperature when you're on the way to work or school. Hannah Barringer - Loudon, Tennessee
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the milk, oil and honey; add to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Stir in raisins.
- 3. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 piece equals 82 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC