Cinnamon-Raisin Bites Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, oil and honey; add to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Stir in raisins.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Raisin Bites(9)
Sort By :
I really enjoyed this recipe! Didn't have enough raisins so I added craisins. Soft and tasty. Perfect for when I want a not too sweet treat.
Um, these are alot healthier than alot of things one could eat. I would rather go hungry than use alot of the ingredients suggested. Anything is ok in moderation. I have tried using some of the suggested substitutions and have yet to have one end up edible.
Um, whoever said these were HEALTHY? If you want them to be healthy, then change half or all of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat pastry flour, and use 1/4 cups unsweetened applesauce in the canola oil's stead. You should also reduce the salt to 1/4 teaspoons. If you want to make it a bit healthier or lighten it up a bit more, use unsweetened almond milk instead of the fat free milk and dried cranberries or chopped figs instead of the raisins. I'm sure that if you didn't care about the health or portion sizes, however, you could reduce the baking powder to 2-1/2 teaspoons of baking powder, add more honey/sugar, or use chocolate, peanut butter, mint, or butterscotch chips instead of the raisins. You could even add some nuts if you wanted to.
This recipe was easy to make, and while it may be healthy, they do not taste very good, as healthy food usually doesn't!! I'll stick to my oatmeal raisin cookies. Also, these are NOTHING like scones!!
Simple cookie with readily available ingredients. I subbed applesauce for the canola oil and don't know if that made the texture like biting into foam rubber. I liked it! It's different and almost addicting!