These scone-like snacks are good right out of the oven, but they're great at room temperature when you're on the way to work or school. Hannah Barringer - Loudon, Tennessee
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, oil and honey; add to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Stir in raisins.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cinnamon-Raisin Bites in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p18
Reviews for Cinnamon-Raisin Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review