Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits Recipe
My husband, children, in-laws and grandchildren really enjoy these biscuits! They're especially good for breakfast, but can be served at any meal.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk and raisins; stir just until combined.
- 2. Turn dough onto a floured surface. Knead just until smooth, about 2 minutes. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round biscuit cutter; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine icing ingredients. Drizzle over warm biscuits. Yield: 8-10 biscuits.
1 serving (1 each) equals 257 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC