- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk and raisins; stir just until combined.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface. Knead just until smooth, about 2 minutes. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round biscuit cutter; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, combine icing ingredients. Drizzle over warm biscuits. Yield: 8-10 biscuits.
Originally published as Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits in Country Extra March 1994, p47
Reviews for Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2015
"They were really great fresh out the oven, but the next day they were really dry. What can I do to ensure they are not dry?"
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2011
"They were really good gone the day I made them!"