Cinnamon Raisin Bars Recipe
Although these bars keep well, they don't last long with my husband around. As soon as the house fills with their wonderful aroma, he comes running!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- RAISIN FILLING:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in water. Combine the flour, oats, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and beat until crumbly. Firmly press half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set the remaining oat mixture aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth; stir in raisins. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Cool to room temperature; spread over crust.
- 3. Top with reserved oat mixture; gently press down. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cinnamon; stir in enough milk to reach drizzling consistency. Drizzle over bars. Cut and store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 each: 121 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Cinnamon Raisin Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC