Cinnamon Pumpkin Truffles Recipe
Even novice candy makers can prepare these simple and satisfying confections. The blending of pumpkin and chocolate is wonderful!—Cherie Sechrist, Red Lion, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. + chilling YIELD:24 servings
- 2 cups white baking chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 14 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Chocolate and white sprinkles
- 1. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt white chips with cream; stir until smooth. Add pumpkin and spices. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until almost solid but still workable.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip truffles in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Roll in sprinkles; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 truffle equals 181 calories, 11 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC