- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, sugar, eggs, egg substitute, water, applesauce, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, remaining cinnamon and enough milk to achieve desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Pumpkin Cake
"I must first say I followed this recipe exactly, and it is not nice at all......will not serve to our guests......I usually don't give negative comments but this was so disappointing, I had to."
"Made this for a work potluck. my boss LOVED this cake and has mentioned it a few times since last year. I will make it again for the thanksgiving potluck this year."
"Wonderfully moist cake. Nice alternative for the alternatives from my traditional pumpkin bread."
"Moist and luscious. Great texture, so smooth. The icing is just enough and the cinnamon adds a great accent to the pumpkin."
"If you love spices, I used spice cake mix vs. yellow cake mix and added 1/4 tsp of allspice in the cake mix. really good recipe!"