Cinnamon Pumpkin Cake Recipe
A convenient cake mix, a can of pumpkin and a little applesauce make this extremely moist cake a delight to throw together. "With its thick cinnamon glaze, it seems anything but low-fat," says Connie Adams, Monaville, West Virginia.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling YIELD:14 servings
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, sugar, eggs, egg substitute, water, applesauce, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, remaining cinnamon and enough milk to achieve desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 14 servings.
1 piece equals 271 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC