Cinnamon Pumpkin Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, sugar, eggs, egg substitute, water, applesauce, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, remaining cinnamon and enough milk to achieve desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Pumpkin Cake
Sort By :
"Wonderfully moist cake. Nice alternative for the alternatives from my traditional pumpkin bread."
"Moist and luscious. Great texture, so smooth. The icing is just enough and the cinnamon adds a great accent to the pumpkin."
"If you love spices, I used spice cake mix vs. yellow cake mix and added 1/4 tsp of allspice in the cake mix. really good recipe!"
"I made it according to the recipe and I just served it at an office going away party and they loved it!!! Moist, nice cinnamon taste and we served it with vanilla soft serve ice cream. Yum!!!"
"Very moist. I used 3 eggs instead and splenda instead of 2/3 cup of sugar"