This recipe comes from my mother-in-law, who remembers making these rolls often. Now I make them often. Maybe they'll be a hit with your family, too!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup hot mashed potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Vanilla icing, optional
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and mashed potatoes. Add water and yeast; mix well. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine filling ingredients and set aside. Stir dough down; beat in the butter, eggs and salt. Gradually stir in flour. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 12-in. square. Spread filling to within 1 in. of the edges of each square. Roll up jelly-roll style. Cut each roll into nine slices. Arrange nine rolls in each of two greased 9-in. square baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle with icing if desired. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cinnamon Potato Rolls in Country August/September 1992, p51
Reviews for Cinnamon Potato Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review