Cinnamon Poached Apples
For a lighter holiday dessert, try these spicy and sweet apples. They’re refreshing served chilled, but my family also likes them served warm.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup red-hot candies
- 6 small tart apples, peeled and cored
- In a large saucepan, bring the sugar, water and red-hots to a boil.
- Cook and stir until red-hots are dissolved, about 5 minutes. Reduce
- heat; carefully add apples. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or just
- until apples are tender, turning once.
- With a slotted spoon, remove apples to a large bowl. Bring syrup to a
- boil; cook, uncovered, until reduced to about 1-1/2 cups. Cool. Pour
- syrup over apples; cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6