Cinnamon Plum Jam Recipe
When I share this slightly sweet jam with family and friends, it disappears quickly. Through the years, I've learned to make more than one batch!
- 7 cups sugar
- 5 cups coarsely ground peeled plums (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup bottled lemon juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine sugars, plums, water and lemon juice. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 2. Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into seven hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 3. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 7 half-pints.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 110 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC