Cinnamon Plum Jam
When I share this slightly sweet jam with family and friends, it disappears quickly. Through the years, I've learned to make more than one batch!
56 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Process: 10 min.
- 7 cups sugar
- 5 cups coarsely ground peeled plums (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup bottled lemon juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a Dutch oven, combine sugars, plums, water and lemon juice. Bring
- to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin; return
- to a full rolling boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove
- from the heat; stir in cinnamon. Skim off foam.
- Carefully ladle hot jam into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in.
- headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process
- for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 7 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 110 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.