- 2-3/4 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped pecan, toasted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, yeast, salt and baking soda. In a saucepan, heat the yogurt, milk, water and 2 tablespoons butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl coated with cooking spray; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Roll into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Combine pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle evenly over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam.
- Line a baking sheet with foil; coat well with cooking spray. Place dough seam side down on prepared pan; pinch ends together to form a ring. With scissors, cut from the outside edge two-thirds of the way toward center of ring at 1-in. intervals. Separate strips slightly and twist. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Brush with egg white. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan to wire rack. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over warm ring. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Pecan Ring
"I found this recipe quite a few years ago in a light and tasty magazine. I Have been making it ever since. It always gets rave reviews. Definitely one of those pass down recipes that one will be remembered for. I Would have rated it higher if possible"