Cinnamon-Pecan Coffee Cakes Recipe
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, yeast, salt and sugar. In a small saucepan, heat water and 1/2 cup butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add eggs; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Divide into six portions. Roll out each portion into a 12-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Combine pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal.
- 4. Place three ropes seam side down on a greased baking sheet and braid; pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Repeat with remaining ropes. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 5. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 6. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, extract and enough water to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm loaves. Serve warm. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice: 255 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Pecan Coffee Cakes
"This recipe was delicious, well worth the time,I found half the glaze was more than enough though."
"Very good recipe! I really enjoyed it. The only thing is that i would add a little bit more of the brown sugar/cinnamon and pecan filling to taste it more! It's still great though!"
"Came out perfect!"