- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°), dvided
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water. Add eggs and remaining water; mix well. In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Beat into yeast mixture (do not knead). Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- For filling, in a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Stir in pecans and cinnamon; set aside.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide into four portions. Roll each into a 12-in. x 9-in. x rectangle on a greased baking sheet. Spread filling lengthwise down center third of each rectangle.
- One each long side, cut 3/4-in.-wide strips to the center to within 1/2 in. of the filling. Starting at one end, fold alternately strips at an angle across filling. Pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour (dough will not double).
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly before removing from pans to wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cooled braids. Yield: 4 loaves.
Reviews for Cinnamon Pecan Braids
Sort By :
"I have made this recipe 6 times. My family loves it."
"This really is a terrific recipe. It was pretty easy to make. The only change I would make would be to scale up the filling to 1 1/2 or 2 times the original. The more filling, the better is my opinion. These turned out quite tasty indeed."