Cinnamon-Pecan Apple Dumplings Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 small Granny Smith apples, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ORANGE SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight triangles. Wrap one triangle around each apple half. Place on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan, flat side down.
- 2. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dumplings. Bake at 350° for 23-28 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender.
- 3. For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine orange juice and sugar; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; gradually stir in butter just until blended. Serve warm with warm dumplings; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup sauce).
Reviews for Cinnamon-Pecan Apple Dumplings
"I made these apple dumplings for New Year's Day and they were quite the hit! Easy to make too!"
"These were amazing! Apple was firm, but tender, dumplings were soft and buttery...and the sauce was perfect with it. A big hit w/my holiday company ; )"