Cinnamon-Pecan Apple Dumplings
The sweet dessert dumplings are easy to make and especially delicious. I recommend making extra sauce—people can’t seem to get enough of it. —Cynthia Gonzales, Mercedes, Texas
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 small Granny Smith apples, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ORANGE SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight triangles. Wrap one
- triangle around each apple half. Place on a greased 15-in. x 10-in.
- x 1-in. baking pan, flat side down.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dumplings. Bake at 350°
- for 23-28 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine orange juice and sugar; bring
- to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until
- liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup, stirring frequently. Remove from
- the heat; gradually stir in butter just until blended. Serve warm
- with warm dumplings; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup