Cinnamon-Pecan Apple Dumplings Recipe
The sweet dessert dumplings are easy to make and especially delicious. I recommend making extra sauce—people can’t seem to get enough of it. —Cynthia Gonzales, Mercedes, Texas
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 small Granny Smith apples, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ORANGE SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight triangles. Wrap one triangle around each apple half. Place on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan, flat side down.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dumplings. Bake at 350° for 23-28 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine orange juice and sugar; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; gradually stir in butter just until blended. Serve warm with warm dumplings; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Cinnamon-Pecan Apple Dumplings in Taste of Home December/January 2013, p35
Reviews for Cinnamon-Pecan Apple Dumplings(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2013
I made these apple dumplings for New Year's Day and they were quite the hit! Easy to make too!
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2012
These were amazing! Apple was firm, but tender, dumplings were soft and buttery...and the sauce was perfect with it. A big hit w/my holiday company ; )