Cinnamon Peanut Brittle
I made this sweet and crunchy candy for Christmas and sent some with my husband to work. His co-workers liked it so much they asked for more. It has a lovely glossy appearance, is packed with peanuts and gets a different flavor from cinnamon.
-Grace Miller, Mansfield, Ohio
10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup. Heat,
- uncovered, on high for 3 minutes; stir. Heat 2-1/4 minutes longer.
- Stir in peanuts, butter and cinnamon.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20-30 seconds or until mixture
- turns a light amber color (mixture will be very hot). Quickly stir
- in baking soda and vanilla until light and foamy.
- Immediately pour onto a greased baking sheet and spread with a metal
- spatula. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm; break into small
- pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/4 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 ounces) equals 296 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.