I made this sweet and crunchy candy for Christmas and sent some with my husband to work. His co-workers liked it so much they asked for more. It has a lovely glossy appearance, is packed with peanuts and gets a different flavor from cinnamon. -Grace Miller, Mansfield, Ohio
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup. Heat, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes; stir. Heat 2-1/4 minutes longer. Stir in peanuts, butter and cinnamon.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20-30 seconds or until mixture turns a light amber color (mixture will be very hot). Quickly stir in baking soda and vanilla until light and foamy.
- Immediately pour onto a greased baking sheet and spread with a metal spatula. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm; break into small pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/4 pounds.
Originally published as Cinnamon Peanut Brittle in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p29
Reviews for Cinnamon Peanut Brittle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review