When time's at a premium, Sue Thomas of Casa Grande, Arizona just jazzes up canned peaches with cinnamon and lemon juice. Still warm from the oven or chilled, the tangy results taste terrific as a side dish or a light and fruity dessert.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves
- 1 cinnamon sticks (4 inches)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Drain peaches, reserving 1/4 cup syrup (discard remaining syrup or
- save for another use). Place peaches with cut side down in an
- ungreased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Cut a slit in each. Break
- cinnamon stick into pieces; place in slits. Combine the lemon juice
- and reserved peach juice; pour over peaches. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 34 calories, 3 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 9 gm carbohydrate, trace protein, trace fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.