- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) peach halves, drained and patted dry
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Arrange peach halves, cut side up, in the crust. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake 20 minutes. Combine egg yolks and cream; pour over peaches. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until top is set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Peach Kuchen
"I made this for my husband who loves peaches. It was delicious. This recipe will become a regular in our house!!"
"I thought this recipe turned out very well. I used sliced peaches that I had frozen. In contrast to others, I would have liked a little more of the custard. It was delicious."
"What a lovely recipe. Perfect choice for our local fresh peaches.The crust reminds me of a very rich shortbread. Rich and flakey. I did cut back on the amount of sugar after reading several reviews. Even though my peaches were fresh the reduction did not hamper this recipe at all.Another thing I reduced was the amount of topping.Fabulous recipe worthy of the 5 star rating."
"This is a very nice recipe. Just a little too sweet for my taste though, so when I make it again I will decrease the amount of brown sugar. Other than that it's great, and very simple to make. The crust is fabulous, and I will be using it on other pie recipes as well. Even though it's a little too sweet it still gets 5 stars! Excellent recipe!"
"we absolutely love LOVE this recipe. So so good, we make it again and again."