Cinnamon Peach Kuchen
This favorite dessert—a recipe from my mom—is one I make for many of my dinner guest. It tastes incredible warm or cold. Rachel Garcia, Arlington, Virginia
10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) peach halves, drained and patted dry
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder;
- cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up
- the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Arrange peach halves, cut side up, in
- the crust. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Combine egg yolks and cream; pour
- over peaches. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until top is set. Cool on
- a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 417 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium,