- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) peach halves, drained and patted dry
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Arrange peach halves, cut side up, in the crust. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake 20 minutes. Combine egg yolks and cream; pour over peaches. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until top is set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Peach Kuchen
Sort By :
What a lovely recipe. Perfect choice for our local fresh peaches.
The crust reminds me of a very rich shortbread. Rich and flakey. I did cut back on the amount of sugar after reading several reviews. Even though my peaches were fresh the reduction did not hamper this recipe at all.
Another thing I reduced was the amount of topping.
Fabulous recipe worthy of the 5 star rating.
This is a very nice recipe. Just a little too sweet for my taste though, so when I make it again I will decrease the amount of brown sugar. Other than that it's great, and very simple to make. The crust is fabulous, and I will be using it on other pie recipes as well. Even though it's a little too sweet it still gets 5 stars! Excellent recipe!
we absolutely love LOVE this recipe. So so good, we make it again and again.
I made this for my family and we all went CRAZY over it - it's FABULOUS - very rich and delicious! I've shared this recipe with friends as well. Can't wait to make it again! Mary Lynn Strasser
I made this recipe exactly as stated. The only thing I will change when I make it again is add about 7 minutes to the second baking time. The custard wsn't quite firm enough for my taste. I think the reviewer that complained about having to bake twice as long probably didn't read the recipe all the way through before starting. Good reicpe, I will make this again.