This dessert is so good yet so easy to make. Fresh peaches and a sweet crunchy topping give it comforting flavor. I like to dish it up warm with a scoop of frozen yogurt. —Leona Luecking of West Burlington, Iowa
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the peaches, orange juice, brown sugar and cinnamon. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Add egg and butter; mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over peaches.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Peach Crisp in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p29
Reviews for Cinnamon Peach Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review