Cinnamon Peach Cobbler
Prepared biscuit mix makes this comforting cobbler a quick favorite. "My husband loves the warm peaches, cinnamony sauce and golden crumb topping," mentions Victoria Lowe from Lititz, Pennsylvania.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen unsweetened peaches, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2/3 cup biscuit/baking mix, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 to 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, sugar, 1 tablespoon of biscuit
- mix and cinnamon. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking
- In another bowl, combine brown sugar and remaining biscuit mix. Cut
- in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk just until blended.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto peach mixture. Bake at 400°
- for 20-25 minutes or until top is golden brown and filling is
- bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 197 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.