Cinnamon Peach Cobbler Recipe
Prepared biscuit mix makes this comforting cobbler a quick favorite. "My husband loves the warm peaches, cinnamony sauce and golden crumb topping," mentions Victoria Lowe from Lititz, Pennsylvania.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen unsweetened peaches, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2/3 cup biscuit/baking mix, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 to 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, sugar, 1 tablespoon of biscuit mix and cinnamon. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In another bowl, combine brown sugar and remaining biscuit mix. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk just until blended.
- 3. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto peach mixture. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 197 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC