Cinnamon-Orange Swirl Bread Recipe
I've been making this recipe for more than 14 years and have modified it through the years. I won second place at our state fair in 1990 with this recipe. I didn't mind taking second, because my best friend finished first!
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and 1 cup sugar. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Pour half the batter into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- 2. Combine cinnamon, orange peel and remaining sugar; set 1 tablespoon aside for the topping. Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture over batter. Carefully top with batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 206 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Orange Swirl Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC