- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a bowl, cream shortening and 1 cup sugar. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Pour half the batter into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Combine cinnamon, orange peel and remaining sugar; set 1 tablespoon aside for the topping. Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture over batter. Carefully top with batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Cinnamon-Orange Swirl Bread in Country Extra September 1998, p49
Reviews for Cinnamon-Orange Swirl Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2009
"I love recipes such as this! I recall making this bread and it has been a part of my recipe collection ever since! Dawn E, Lowenstein"