Cinnamon Orange Cider Recipe
The color of pumpkins with the flavor of oranges, apples and cinnamon make this cozy beverage a hit! You just might want to double this recipe, then fill the punchbowl and keep more servings simmering for the aroma. —Mark Morgan, Waterford, Wisconsin
- 4 cups apple cider or juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 3 tablespoons red-hot candies
- 1-1/2 teaspoons whole allspice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the cider, juice and candies. Place the allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until flavors are blended.
- 2. Discard spice bag; stir in honey. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; keep warm over low heat. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
1 cup equals 161 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC